May 10, 2012 by David Gillaspie
An on going search for true meaning and good times, Wednesdays at 7, Copper Monkey, Beaverton.
OLYMPIC SPORTS TRIVIA
1. Name the Englishman who broke the four minute mile barrier
Roger Bannister, an Olympian in 1952
2. Bullet Bob Hayes played football for the Dallas Cowboys. What was his Olympic event?
100 meter sprint and 400 relay
3. Who was the English ski jumper who came in last yet changed the rules of competition
Eddie ‘the Eagle’ Edwards
4. Which two sports were voted out of the 2012 and 2016 Olympics
baseball and softball
5. What year did America boycott the Summer Games
6. The 1972 Olympics in Munich Germany suffered one of the worst tragedies in sports. What was the original motto of the ’72 Games
The Happy Games
7. Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals in 2008. Mark Spitz won 7 in 1972. How many did Lake Oswego’s Don Schollander win in 1964.
1. Two quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have four Super Bowl rings. Who are they?
Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana
2. Two have three. Who are they
Tom Brady and Troy Aikman. Steve Young played in one, but was on the 49ers for two others.
3. The Brock family of Oregon has had four brothers who played football. Two made it to the NFL. Name one.
Stan and Pete Brock
4. In 1939 the University of Oregon won the first NCAA basketball tournament. What was their nickname
Tall Firs or Webfoots
5. Which MLB pitcher threw the most recent No Hitter
Jered Weaver of the Angles
6. Which new UofO team just won back to back national championships
Stunts and Acrobatics
7. Which state has the most D1 college baseball teams ranked in top 5 college
Florida with U Florida and Florida State
1. Which President is known as the best swimmer
JFK from PT 109
2. Which president granted the land for America’s first National Park? Name the man or the park
U.S. Grant and Yellowstone Park
3. Calvin Coolidge said “You never have to repeat what you don’t say.” What was his nick name
4. He was director of the CIA before becoming President. Who is he?
The first President Bush
5. Which President ok’d dropping the first atomic bombs
6. One president has been identified as the roughest, toughest wrestling president. Who is he?
7. Which President would have been King of America, but he declined
1. Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey played the main characters. What were their screen names
Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar
2. Wayne’s World was broadcast from which state
3. What is the answer to ‘a sphincter says what?’
4. Wayne is in love with the bass player Cassandra Wong, played by Tia Carrere. What is her band’s name
5. Wayne and Garth have a 1976 AMC Pacer. What did they name their car?
6. Rob Lowe plays a television station executive who buys Wayne’s World. What is his character’s name
7. How many endings does Wayne’s World have?
the house burns down; Rob Lowe gets his mask pulled off for the Scooby Doo ending; and the ‘mega happy ending where Garth gets his dream girl
OREGON SPORTS NEWS
1. Kelsey Campbell from Oregon recently made the US Olympic team. What is her sport
2. Ryan Chase wrote about the Winter Hawks vs Oil Kings. What is the score of their series
3. Which former NFL player did Jack Cluth lead his column with
4. Garrett Thornton wrote about doomed Blazer drafts. Which players did he mention from last year’s draft
Nolan Smith and Jon Diebler.
5. Jason Harrel wrote about the Mariners changing their lead off hitter. Who is the new lead off
6. Branden Shealy wrote about the Clark County football team. What is the team name
Clark County Vipers
7. Who is the new national record holder for high school girls javelin