May 3, 2012 by David Gillaspie
An ongoing program, Hump Day Stumpers held it’s own on Wednesday.
A new champion broke through by one point. A new Super-Team formed on the spot and lost by one point.
The team that wantedquestions swept the category.
Thein Beaverton rocked while Kangaroo Pouch Envy rolled with the big prize.
And the group GPA rose to the occasion.
These were the Wednesday night questions. A new batch for next Wednesday is already in the works.
1. Who is the only President elected to four terms
2. Name three families with US Presidents
Adams, Roosevelt, Bush
3. Which president authorized the Louisiana Purchase
4. Who was the heaviest president
William Howard Taft 300 + lbs
5. The first president born in the 20th Century
6. From Supreme Allied Commander in WWII, to president of Columbia University, to White House, who is he?
7. The man who pardoned Nixon after Nixon resigned
Oregon Sports News Trivia
1. Beaverton’s Muriel Zagunis is a two time Olympic Champion fencer using which weapon
2. Name the Seahawks top draft pick this year
Linebacker Bruce Irvin from West Virginia at 15
3. Casey Mabbott wrote about the Seahawks quarterback. What college did new quarterback Matt Flynn attend?
LSU, MVP of 2008 championship game vs Ohio State
4. John Underwood wrote that former Mariner and current Yankee pitcher Michael Pineda is done for the season. What happened to him?
An anterior labrum tear in his right shoulder.
5. Jason Hartzog wrote about LaMichael James going to the 49ers. Who is the veteran running back they recently signed in the off-season?
Brandon Jacobs from the Giants
6. Jack Cluth and Ian Rose both wrote about the Portland Timbers schedule. They beat the best team when they played Kansas City, then lost to the worst team a week later. Who is the worst team in MLS?
7. Name one Oregon Sports News writer in the Oregonian ad that ran for nine days this month.
Arran Gimba, Wade Everson, David Gillaspie, Casey Mabbott, Damian Oleksiuk
Beverly Hills 90210
1. Name the twins played by Jason Priestly and Shannen Doherty
Brandon and Brenda Walsh
2. How old was Luke Perry when the show began
23 years old (born Oct. 11, 1966, show began Oct. 4, 1990)
3. How many times has Shannen Doherty been nude in Playboy?
4. Who killed Dylan McKay’s girlfriend/fiance?
Her gangster father.
5. Jason Priestly played a twin, but has a real twin sister. What is her name?
6. Name two spin-off shows from Beverly Hills 90210
Melrose Place, Models, Inc., 90210
7. The name of the high school was West Beverly High School. What was the name of the college they attended”
Funny guy trivia
1. The Three Stooges are Larry, Moe, and Curly. Who is another Stooge?
Joe or Shemp
2. Who were the main actors in Dumb and Dumber
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels
3. He played the Dictator and the Little Tramp. What is is name
4. The real names of the Blues Brothers
John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd
5. What year did Saturday Night Live start
6. Which comedy team is older, Abbot and Costello or Laurel and Hardy?
Laurel and Hardy
7. Name two of the three stooges who were related
1. What special day does Oregon’s birthday fall on each year?
2. Name the geographical areas that border Oregon.
Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Pacific Ocean
3. Portland has a Macadam Blvd. What is macadam?
Single sized gravel creating a flat road surface.
4. At which Oregon city does Hwy 99 W and 99E meet
5. Which Oregon highway runs north to south on the east side of the Cascades
6. Name the California city where that highway merges with I-5
7. The name of the new bridge between Oregon and Washington